Gainesville State College students seeking to appeal a parking citation MUST complete the Appeals Form on-line. No other formats will be accepted.
Once an on-line appeal has been submitted, it will be addressed by the Director of Public Safety or the Parking Manager.
Prior to completing an appeal, an appellant should be aware that the following shall be grounds for which an appeal will be considered:
- Substantial and valid evidence that the alleged parking violation was not committed.
- The violation occurred under circumstances where the appellant believed he or she was not committing a violation, and where a reasonable and prudent person under the same or similar circumstances would have acted in the same manner as the appellant.
- Appellant was misinformed by GSC personnel, and can verify this misinformation.
The following reasons are NOT considered valid and will not be accepted by Public Safety:
- Lack of knowledge of the Regulations.
- Tardiness due to class or appointment.
- Disagreement with amount of fine.
- Violation was of short duration.
- The lot in which the violation occurred was not full.
- Appellant's designated lot was full.
- Appellant does not submit appropriate evidence that verifies that GSC personnel misinformed him/her.
- Parking in a space other than a properly marked parking space in a college designated parking lot.
Immobilizations and tow fines will not be considered for appeal. Any errors in boot or tow violations must be handled through the office of the Director of Public Safety or the Vice President for Business and Finance.
- Please submit your appeal here.
- Appeals must be submitted within 14 days of the violation.
- Appellants will receive an email response within 14 days of submission.
The decision on appeals constitutes the final decision on the matter. Any additional concerns, complaints or suggestions should be made to the Vice President of Business and Finance.