GSC has two School Certifying Officials to assist you with Education Benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The only courses certified
are those required for your program of study at GSC. Courses that have been successfully completed can NOT be certified again. Failed courses may be repeated. Your enrollment will be certified after the drop/add period
has ended to allow you time to adjust your schedule. Click for important information about what the VA educaton benefits are not covered
If you want to be considered enrolled full-time each month, you must be enrolled in at least 12 hours EACH month. The VA computes your hours by the calendar month; not by the total number of hours you are taking for the entire semester. This means that 1st, 2nd, First 10 week, and Last 10 week classes could affect the number of hours in which you are enrolled EACH month. Full-time status Summer Semester is 6 semester hours.
Assignments are based on your last name. Please submit a copy of your DD-214 for verification purposes.
At the end of every month of enrollment, you must Verify Attendance using W.A.V.E. at www.gibill.va.gov, or by telephone at 1-877 VA-ECERT (1.877.823.2378).
United States Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Determine Your Best Benefit
- VA Education Benefit Payment Rates
- Online VA Applications using VONAPP
- All VA students must file an original application when you first begin school. (Veterans: VA Form 22-1990, Dependents: VA Form 22-5490, Transfer of Entitlement (ToE): VA Form 22-1990e)
- All VA students who have previously received VA benefits must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training if you change your major or attend a different school. (Veterans and ToE: VA Form 22-1995, Dependents: VA Form 22-5495)
- Students applying for Chapter 33 in lieu of another benefit should complete VA Form 22-1990.
- Additional information and resources are available at www.gibill.va.gov.