Secure Area - Need User ID and Password to Access
Promotion and Tenure Timeline 2011-2012
- February-March 2012: Academic Affairs notifies Deans of eligible faculty; Deans verify eligibility.
- April 2012: Workshops on Producing Your Notebook:
- Oconee: April 23, 2012, 12 – 1 (Oconee Room 564)
- Gainesville: April 24, 2012, 12 - 1 (ACAD IV 2214)
- Oconee: April 26, 2012, 12 - 1 (Oconee Room 564)
- Gainesville: April 30, 2012, 12-1 (ACAD IV 2214)
- August 10, 2012: Candidates submit notebooks to Dean. Peer Review Committees (PRCs) begin to review Notebooks.
- September 7, 2012: Peer Review Committees send observations to Deans. Candidates revise materials as needed.
- September 28, 2012: Deans send names/notebooks of those recommended to the Academic Affairs Office for the college-wide Promotion and Tenure Committee’s consideration. The Dean’s letter is included in the candidate’s notebook.
- October 5, 2012: Academic Affairs forwards the names/notebooks to college-wide Promotion and Tenure Committee.
- November 16, 2012: Committee reports its recommendations to Academic Affairs.
- November 30, 2012: The Vice President for Academic Affairs sends recommendations to the President.
- December 14, 2012: President notifies those being considered of the status of the recommendations.
- December 2012: President submits recommendations to the Chancellor's Office.
Dean notifies those being considered for Promotion/Tenure of the status of the recommendations.
**The timeline for review of Post-Tenure folders by the College-Wide Promotion/Tenure/Post-Tenure Review Committee may be extended beyond the dates posted above.
Promotions and Tenure General Information
Guidance in preparing review packages: Refer to the appropriate sections of the GSC Faculty Handbook. The Faculty Handbook guidelines for all review packages were rewritten in a format that is clear and easy to follow. If you should have questions, please contact your Department Dean, PAC committee chair, or Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership.
Workshops: CTLL provides workshops on preparation of the review packages. Look for announcements in Tower Talk and the campus Bulletin Board Spring semester for the workshop dates/times.
Notebooks and dividers for review packages: Provided by CTLL.
Due Dates: Announced in Tower Talk. Our campus due dates are based on Board of Regents due dates announced during Spring semester. Look for a notice in Tower Talk mid-semester.
Reminder for Instructors considered for promotion to Assistant Professor: The request for up to three years of probationary credit toward tenure should be made in writing at the same time as the request for promotion to Assistant Professor.