Education Scholarships (Available for the 2012-2013 School Year)
The Gainesville State College Department of Education offers an opportunity for those students who illustrate academic achievement to apply for scholarships. To qualify for one of the scholarships, a student must:
- have a total SAT composite score in verbal and math of 1000 or the equivalent composite score of 43 in English and math on the comprehensive part of the ACT.
- be currently enrolled as a full-time student at GSC.
- have completed a minimum of 20 hours at GSC.
- have a minimum GPA of 3.3 from GSC.
- maintain full-time enrollment during the duration of the scholarship.
- have declared education as a major.
Interested students may:
- Pick up an application in the School of Business, Education, Health & Wellness Office (Room 5166, Academic IV Building) or at the Oconee campus see Dr. Brent Allison.
- OR download and print the application that applies:
The application for the 2012-2013 year must be received March 19, 2012.
The Gainesville State College Department of Education Scholarship Committee has the responsibility to advertise, develop an appropriate application form, set due date deadlines and collect the applications. Recommendations for this award should be sought from, but not solely from, the education faculty members.