Gainesville Location: Nesbitt, Room 4201
Oconee Location: Room 531
- Students are encouraged to use the resources available in the language lab to do more than their lab work. The lab will lend students materials such as handouts, verb and grammar books, grammar activities and dictionaries to use while in the lab.
- Tutors are available for conversation and pronunciation practice, questions, and for help with study techniques. Tutors DO NOT do homework for the students. Tutors may work with a single student or lead a group study. For students struggling with class topics, tutoring is strongly advised.
- All students must bring a lab sheet from the class instructor listing the activities they are required to complete in the lab; before leaving the lab, each item should show the time spent on the activity, and must be signed and stamped by a tutor or the lab coordinator.
The Log-In computer is located by the front door in the language lab: Don’t forget to log in and out!
Students log in when entering the lab. Follow the instructions given to you by your instructor regarding the amount of time you should spend on various activities.
To log in: Enter your 924 number and full name, and the number that corresponds to your class. You are now logged in.
To log out: Re-enter your 924 number and full name. Type in the comment box a brief description of what you did during your time in the lab (e.g. “worked with tutor,” “group study, “Aventuras-Websam,” etc.). Afterwards click "log out".
Students may borrow multimedia, books, and video CD-ROMs with a student ID or driver’s license.
- All materials come packaged with the textbooks, and can also be used at home.
- In the case of Aventuras (3rd edition), Supersite and Websam can be accessed on any computer with internet access: Aventuras, 3rd edition-- http://aventuras3e.vhlcentral.com/.
- Sentence Scramble activities are available to Spanish students under Lab Activities & Forms. These are scrambled responses to the departmental questions, and are excellent for grammar practice as well as for preparing for the challenging sentence scramble portion of exams. Departmental questions and digital flash cards are located under Lab Activities & Forms.
Feel free to contact
Carrie Wills, Full-time Spanish Tutor, with any questions or concerns you may have about lab work or procedures.