Each year, the School of Social Sciences offers an opportunity for those students who demonstrate academic achievement to apply for the Social Sciences Scholarships. Scholarships are available for tuition, books, and living expenses.
- The student must have declared a major in one of the social sciences (i.e., anthropology, criminal justice, history, human services and delivery administration, philosophy, political science, psychology, religion, social work, sociology, and the environmental studies track in environmental spatial analysis).
- If not currently enrolled in college, the student must have graduated from an accredited high-school or achieved the equivalent by Fall 2012.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is preferred.
- Full-time enrollment (at least 12 hours) during the duration of the scholarship.
- An application form, which can be downloaded HERE. (Forms may also be picked up in the School of Social Sciences Office [Room 179 of Academic-II] on the Gainesville campus or at Ms. Sara Zerkel's office [room 722 of Faculty Center] on the Oconee campus.)
- Letter (from the applicant) explaining your motivation for applying for the scholarship, such as your academic achievements, your extracurricular activities as they relate to your field of study, what you can contribute to this field, and your financial need.
- Two letters of recommendation. (If you are currently enrolled at Gainesville State College, at least one of these letters should come from a professor or an advisor.)
- Copy of transcript. (If currently enrolled in Gainesville State College, we will obtain your records from the Registrar’s Office.)
Applications are due by 3 p.m. on March 16, 2012 and must be received in:
- The School of Social Science office (Academic II, Room 179) on the Gainesville campus or
- Ms. Sara Zerkel's office (Faculty Center, room 722) on the Oconee campus.